Jaap van Lakerveld
Is the director of PLATO, and a member of ATEE since 1986, an independent research and development centre established by the University of Leiden in the Netherlands. He is a researcher, and consultant in matters of (professional) learning and development in education and other organisations. His expertise include (1) evaluation research, (2) knowledge productivity and corporate curriculum , organisational learning and (his PhD thesis was in this area) and 3. In-service education of teachers. He takes part in several projects on heritage education, heritage interpretation and professional development of teachers and people working in the heritage sector. Throughout his career he led several European projects, or was involved as a partner. As a member of the RDC on Inservice learning and the development of practice, he took part for over thirty years in a series of consecutive projects on in service learning of teachers, teacher educators, in-service teacher educators, and facilitators of professional and organisational learning, in and beyond schools.
In recent years he became more and more involved in professional development in the field of crisis and disaster management, a field in which he led two state of the art projects, and International evaluation studies.
- Lakerveld, J. A.van, Buiskool, B. J., Hospers, G., Klein Kranenburg, L., & Matthys, J. (2023). Indicatoren van agressie en geweld.
- Lakerveld, J. A van., & Lindeboom, G. J. (2022). Evaluatie van de inzet en het gebruik van de korte wapenstok door buitengewone opsporingsambtenaren.
- Thomson, S., Cornelius, S., Kopp, E., & van Lakerveld, J. (2022). Boundary crossing in Teacher Education. Pedagógusképzés.
- Buiskool, B-J., van Lakerveld, J., Mertens, P., & Unfried, M. (2021). The effects of national coronavirus crisis management on cross-border crisis management in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine (follow-up study). https://itemcrossborderportal.maastrichtuniversity.nl/link/id/ZVS4paZ4yPJEaAK2
- Lakerveld, J.van, Scholze, T, Tilkin, G. (2019) Competence Oriented Learning and Validation Towards professionalisation and quality, Because learning happens everywhere.
- Lakerveld, Jaap van (2018), Heritage and learning EPALE, https://ec.europa.eu/epale/nl/blog/heritage-and-learning
- Lakerveld, Jaap van, Paridon Yolinde van, Gussen, Ingrid(2018) The function of the police: various visions.
- Lakerveld , J.A., van, Vroonhof, P., Broek, S., Stoutjesdijk, F.D. & Loo, S. van (2017). Skills, Training and Knowledge Transfer: Traditional and emerging Heritage Professions.
- Broek, Simon, Lindeboom, Gert Jan, Lakerveld, Jaap van, Evaluation of the International Task Force on Teachers 2014-2016, Ockham IPS/Unesco 2016.
Is a senior fellow with the Center for Universal Education in the Global Economy and Development program at the Brookings Institution. Prior to this, Olsen was a professor of education at the University of California, Santa Cruz. His research focuses on teachers, teaching, and teacher development; school reform; global comparative education; and qualitative research methods. At Brookings, Olsen’s work centers on research and policy around the scaling of educational innovations for systemic improvement in low- and middle-income countries around the world. Olsen received his doctorate in education from the University of California, Berkeley, in 2002. He earned his bachelor’s in philosophy and English from Bowdoin College in 1989, and his master’s in education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in 1993.
- Olsen, B. et al (2022). Deepening Education Impact: Emerging Lessons from 14 Teams Scaling Innovations in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Brookings research report. https://www.brookings.edu/research/deepening-education-impact-emerging-lessons-from-14-teams-scaling-innovations-in-low-and-middle-income-countries/
- Olsen, B. et al (2022). How do government decision makers adopt educations for scale? Brookings research report. https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-do-government-decisionmakers-adopt-education-innovations-for-scale/
- Olsen, B., Buchanan, R., Hewko, C. (2022). Recent Trends in Teacher Identity Research and Pedagogy. In The Palgrave Handbook of Teacher Education Research. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
Is a habilitated university associate professor at ELTE and is a Director of the Institute for Adult Education Research and Knowledge Management and the leader of the Organizational and Workplace Learning Research Group. She is also a member of the Faculty Awards Committee and the Faculty Habilitation Committee.
- Antesberger, K., & Dorner, H. (2022). Possibilities of measurement and evaluation in heutagogy. 18th Conference on Educational Assessment: program and abstracts (p. 81). Szeged: University of Szeged Doctoral School of Education.
- Dorner, H., & Belic, J. (2022). The evolutionary nature of faculty conversations: From an individual to an institution. EARLI SIG 1 & 4 Joint Conference: Exploring research synergies to learn from each other., (p. 29).
- Dorner, H., & Kumar, S. (2022). Academic development for doctoral students: exploring the relevance of teaching-research integration, discipline-sensitivity and collaboration. International Journal for Academic Development, 1-14
Call for papers: 2nd January 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline:
28th February 2023
extended deadline until 15 March 2023!
Abstract evaluation deadline: 15th April 2023
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: 25th April 2023
Registration Opening: 10th January, 2023
Early Bird Deadline: 5th May 2023
Registration Closing: 28th July 2023
Conference Dates: 28-30th August 2023